What is ICP license
ICP license is a permit issued by the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology to permit China-based websites to operate in China. The ICP license numbers for Chinese websites can often be found on the bottom of the front webpage. Any parties looking to host a website in the mainland China or utilizing any CDN services within Mainland China must hold an ICP license.
Rules of Commercial ICP license
- 1) Individuals cannot apply for a commercial ICP license
- 2) Depending on the regulations of different provinces, foreign passport holders might not be allowed to be the named contact for the website
- 3) Foreign companies cannot apply for an ICP (this includes Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)
- 4) The website must be hosted within Mainland China to apply for an ICP license
- 5) The company name of the domain registrant must match with the company name of the ICP License.
- 1) A copy of the company Chinese business license
- 2) ID card copy of contact person (must be Chinese national)
- 3) Photo ID of business owner (can be a foreign national)
All forms must be completed in Chinese only